2004-09-18

rambling wreck origins

Skip down to the second song. I just was doing a search to get the text of our fight song and saw the NOAA link and was gettin excited.

http://www.history.noaa.gov/art/cssong.html

We live in a very small world where everything references itself. The Colorado School of Mines was one of the 3 places I had to finally choose between for college. So apparently we stole their fight song (rambling wreck from Golden Tech!?).

And now I am teamed up with the NOAA survey folks, and on this website I find the fight song has also been adapted for them. I'll have to find one of the old timers and see if they know it and appreciate our version.

No wonder the world is spherical, because as far away as you can go, soon enough, you end up back where you began!

full text: Rambling Wreck!

0 Commentaries:

Post a Comment

<< Home