2007-12-13

the professor who called snowflake



Currently I am on a work-instigated training trip in North-Central Massachusetts. We are located in a purgatory realm of over-burgeoned suburbia, with all the congestion frustrations of the big city and none of the benefits of readily available entertainment and sustenance. However, there is a Whole Foods nearby and the hotel I'd been staying previously had a bar 15 feet from my the entrance to my room.

The snow started falling hard at 1pm here btwn Bellerica and Bedford, MA at the ICS training center. It has let up slightly 7 hours later at 8pm. But so many of us are stranded. I've heard stories on TV of 2.5 hour delays for traveling a distance of 5 miles in Boston.



I've had to take shelter in a hotel across the street rather than try to journey the meager 10 miles down the road to the original hotel, where my clothes and other assorted accouterments lie waiting in an empty room.

  • "Hand to hand combat there for milk and bread - what's wrong with these idiots."


    Essentially everyone was worried about the snowfall, hit the streets right as the storm peaked, and then people just flooded the roads in mindless succession. Our teacher decided to hold the class until mid-afternoon rather than breaking at lunch to elude the ensuing clusterfuck. I've heard the interstates are closed in Southern New England and the ones that are open are the veritable parking lot. If I am in a parking lot I don't want my motor running though.

  • discuss your commute

    I'm glad we are sitting here without a car or our clothes. We don't need it tonight. You just dig in. It's hard to say how this can be prevented. There's just too many people on the roads to begin with. When we all descend on them simultaneously the system breaks down. Add an army of severe storm vehicles to reach apotheosis.

    And now let's hear from our viewers:

  • Heavy snow brings traffic to halt

    Labels: ,

  • 0 Commentaries:

    Post a Comment

    << Home