2008-01-03

penguin plunge ohh eight


(picture is actually of Newport where I live, but we went to Galilee for a more hardcore crowd that wasn't so later'd as Miss RI)


  • PENGUIN PLUNGE 2008

    We did the plunge in Galilee, RI right at noon. They were doing the 10 second countdown as we were just stripping down.

    I sprinted into the water and fell head first into a wave - then ran out - only to see my girlfriend and her step-dad just getting into the water. So I went back in for a few yards with them, after finally realizing my limit and the initial euphoria of the survival instinct had kicked out of my system.


    The water was not that cold but I totally wussed out afterwards. The sky was totally gray and the wind was biting. My toes started swelling up like tomatoes! I thought I was getting frostbite – probably was beginning. Next time I'll make sure to have some warm socks and shoes when I get out of the forty° water and back into the freezing wind chill air!

    Labels:

  • 0 Commentaries:

    Post a Comment

    << Home