I must be getting old and turning into a pessimistic codger. Everything post-modern is becoming increasingly dreary to me. Perhaps these eyes are just finally losing the rosy tint and gaining access to the truth? Or perhaps I have weakened, allowing my resolve to crumble into forlorn despair. I see ever-encroaching signs of a decaying Western canon no matter where I look.
- Worthless currency: Check
- Private banks are Failed, Nationalized Check
- Downturn more than a local trend? Computer science, the gem of modern technical advancement, is falling by the wayside in American high school, college, and industry. Check
- Microsoft's Creative Destruction "Microsoft, America’s most famous and prosperous technology company, has become a clumsy, uncompetitive innovator."
iPad, an ongoing joke, as the Dynabook dream continues to elude and disappoint engineers and users alike:
- Arts? THE BEST MOVIE EVER TRANSFORMERS!!!
- Literature? Check
- US Space Program Cancellations Age of Exploration… on hold… Check
- Mindless, futile waring against other cultures? Check
"People cannot stand too much reality." – Carl Jung
Too much Reality
We use terms like "dystopian" as if it were counterbalance to some far-fetched Utopia, brought to you through glass screen.
The Machine is Bleeding to Death
- Paging through google searches of "abandoned city Detroit", I saw what I expected to see:
Then finally I came across this: